Adventures in London: Our Final Journey

Today is our last day in London as we start the second half of our course in Paris tomorrow. While I’m super excited to see Paris for the first time, I’m bummed to be leaving such an amazing city.

Our last day was a free day so again we were able to explore London on our own. Clare, Hannah and I decided to start our day early so we could catch the Changing of the Guard Ceremony. By googling it I saw the ceremony started at 10 am so we could get a decent spot to watch.

By 9 am we were done with breakfast and ready to leave the hotel. By 9:20 we were walking towards Buckingham Palace and by 9:30 we were situated on the steps of the monument across from the palace.

Unbeknownst to us we did not make the greatest choice in spots to watch but by the time we found out it was too late to switch spots. The ceremony also didn’t start until around 10:45 which meant we woke up super early only to be standing outside for an hour before the ceremony started.


However, it was a really cool thing to watch. I’ve been to London before but I really only saw the parade part of the ceremony rather than the actual changing of the guards. Hopefully the next time I find myself in London I can catch the ceremony up by the gates of the palace.

After watching the Changing of the Guards we decided to make our way to King’s Cross Station so Hannah could pick up a Harry Potter souvenir and we could all get lunch. We ate at a place called Prezzo and it was really good. I ended up ordering a pizza and thoroughly enjoyed it.

By the time we were done with lunch we had decided to make a quick stop in Piccadilly Circus to finish our souvenir shopping. When we made our way back to the underground station there was a street artist performing and he was really good. We caught the end of his rendition of “Hallelujah.” If you have the opportunity check out Harry Marshall on You tube.

After making the stop we made our way back to the hotel because we were all exhausted. I took a quick nap before starting to pack. I also uploaded my photos and videos to my computer. I also wanted to call it early because we have quite the early morning so we can catch our train to Paris.

The second half of my travels will be very exciting and new!

Published by

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s